Toledo facelift plastic surgery for a younger, refreshed look.
A facelift smooths the loose skin on your face and neck, tightens underlying tissues, and removes excess fat. As a result, your face will appear firmer and fresher. Typically, the incision is hidden in the natural contour of your ear, extending around the earlobe back into the hairline. For men and women alike in Toledo, facelift plastic surgery can provide the refreshed, youthful appearance they desire.
In some cases, a neck lift, also called platysmalplasty, is used in combination with a facelift to reduce excess skin and fat around the neck, creating a younger looking profile. There are many variations to the facelift procedure; consult your physician about any questions you may have.
You may be a good candidate for a facelift, also called rhytidectomy, if you have any of the following conditions:
- A deep line that runs from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth;
- A loss of a well-defined jawline;
- Deep wrinkles in the cheeks and sagging skin near the cheekbones;
- Loose skin, wrinkles, or excess fatty tissue in the neck.
Length of Facelift Plastic Surgery
Our Toledo facelift surgery takes 3 to 4 hours.
Anesthesia Requirements for Facelift Cosmetic Surgery
Local with sedation or general anesthesia may be used during facelift surgery.
Side Effects of Facelift Plastic Surgery
Temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, and tenderness of skin, as well as a tight feeling or dry skin are possible with facial plastic surgery.
Risks of Facelift Plastic Surgery
Injury to nerves that control facial muscles or feeling (usually temporary, but may be permanent) are possible. Infection, bleeding, poor healing, or excessive scarring are possible risks of facelift cosmetic surgery.
Recovery from Facelift Plastic Surgery
Within the first week:
- Swelling reaches its peak and then begins to subside.
- Bandages will be removed and you may shower.
- Stitches will dissolve or be removed.
- You may return to light activity, but continue to sleep with your head elevated.
Most of the bruising will disappear within 2 weeks.